Every homeowner wants to know that their home is safe from significant damage. However, they also want to know they are not paying for unnecessary services. One of the more significant expenses that come around is basement waterproofing. Is basement waterproofing worth the investment? No matter what, we will always say yes! Your home is your most significant investment, so you should always be making decisions that help you protect it. Here are some of the benefits that make basement waterproofing worth it:
Benefits of Waterproofing
- Increased Foundation Stability: Your foundation is what keeps your home standing. It can be prone to cracks, flooding, and even total foundation failure if exposed to too much moisture. A quality basement waterproofing system can give you peace of mind, which alone can make the investment worth it.
- Improved Air Quality: Excess moisture in your basement will often lead to mold and mildew. The air in your basement circulates into the rest of your home, and unhealthy air in the basement means unhealthy air in the rest of the house. This not only makes your basement smell, but it also poses a health risk to you and your family. An interior waterproofing system will help keep mold from forming and keep the air clean.
- Increased Resale Value: You might be hesitant to pay for waterproofing services if you don’t plan to keep your home for very long. But some people don’t realize that a home with decent waterproofing is more valuable than one without. Buyers will appreciate a moisture-free basement with less risk of damage.
- Reduced Risk of Expensive Repairs: Waterproofing your basement might cost you money now, but if you wait until something goes wrong, you will certainly be paying more later. Keeping up with the foundation repairs that come with not waterproofing your home will be much more costly than paying for the waterproofing system from the beginning. Depending on the damage’s severity, it could cost you thousands more. All homes are susceptible to water damage, so it makes sense to take preventative measures.
Signs your basement needs waterproofing
- Water Stains: Water stains can appear on the walls or your basement floor. This is a sign of water entering your home in places it shouldn’t, so this should be addressed immediately.
- Musty Odors: That horrid smell from your basement will likely cause mold to form due to humidity. You need to clean the mold out and find a fix to reduce the excess moisture that caused it in the first place.
- Rust Formation: This is a sign that a lot of people miss. Iron nails tend to rust when exposed to too much water, so you should be
If you are still on the fence about basement waterproofing, consider that noticing even one of the above signs or seeing value in even one of the above benefits makes it worth it! At Rapid Foundation Repair, we have experts who can estimate for FREE. Contact us to get started today! We’ll evaluate your basement condition and work with you to figure out which waterproofing solutions would be best for you.